Sunday 5 April 2020

Thousands of words

I'm mainly doing this to remember what outside feels like. Also to post the cache of photos I have of places or things that don't merit a full article.


I didn't know until recently that Holi celebrations involved bonfires!




Sunset over Vashi lake.

The lake is surrounded by a path where people walk and jog. In general, as you would imagine, Navi Mumbai is more spacious and less crowded.



Spire of Afghan Church, a stone's throw from TIFR.


The "Afghan" in Afghan Church refers to the fact that it was built to commemorate the British soldiers killed in the Afghan War.







At a Durga Puja Pandal. The atmosphere was a new level of charged and festive.



A random wall in Bandra.

My friend showed me a magic trick in Bandra: a hideaway from which the bustling sounds of traffic are almost inaudible, even though it is between major roads.

Boats!



An art installation in a park near Churchgate station.



The High Court, where I visited the museum. Unfortunately, photography wasn't allowed inside.




From a foot overbridge near Grant Road station.



Inside IIT Bombay - brought pleasant recollections of KFI.

The view from the CS department at IITB. How they get work done is beyond me.



TIFR held its annual Science Day celebration on February 23. It seems like ever so long ago, when schoolchildren and science-loving adults descended upon TIFR from all over Mumbai.




The next few photos are from an exhibition by Khaki Tours, where they tried to recreate pictures painted by James Wales in the 1790s. The exhibition was in a small room (South Bombay things!) with lots of people, so I didn't get great photos. 


Malabar Hill.

Sion Fort.

Elsewhere in Sion Fort.

Belmont.


I hope all of you are staying safe, following doctors' guidelines and finding ways to keep yourselves occupied and upbeat during our time indoors. And again, I hope I can get back to posting newly taken photos sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A whole New World - US trip #1

Click the photos for better quality! This July and August, I had the good fortune to go to the United States! I was accepted to a workshop ...